Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Firsts.........

THE FIRST LETTER OF OUR MISSION!

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to family members and friends who have gone on missions.  I had no idea how wonderful it is to receive news from home.  I will try to change my ways and be a better letter writer.  I'm assuming that receiving packages is even more wonderful.........

OUR FIRST IN-HOME VISIT

We received a visit from Elder and Sister Asplund who serve out of Germany as the senior couple over the Centers for Young Adults in Europe.  While they were here we had the Elders take us to the home of Irina who is one of our YSAs.  We needed the Elders because no one in the home speaks English.  They were so happy to see us and had the table set with refreshments.  Irina is finishing her schooling in marketing and her parents are entertainers.  Her father plays the violin and her mother sings.  Their home was very humble but they expressed their gratitude for our visit and even gave Sister Asplund and I a small piece of jewelry as a gift. We hope to have many more visits with our YSAs.



No comments:

Post a Comment