Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sunflowers Make Me Happy!

Lately we have been doing some traveling on assignments, mostly on narrow two-lane country roads, that take us through small villages and lots of farm land.  Romania was once considered the breadbasket of Europe and as we see miles and miles of corn, wheat and potatoes we know why.  But the crop that we find most interesting and beautiful is sunflowers.  Here sunflowers are used for cooking oil, among other things, and all the bottles of oil in the stores have a picture of a sunflower on them.

How can you not smile when you see a field of sunflowers?

Sunflowers follow the sun during the day and then reorient themselves during the night to face the rising sun.

Here they are turned toward the sun and I feel a sacrament meeting talk coming on! The savior is represented by the sun and we should always turn towards Him and not look toward the darkness for guidance.  What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I am Elder Schroedter's older sister (i served at the beautiful Temple Square and just recently got married to my missionary!) and I just have to say I am excited for this sunflower sacrament meeting talk! I may have to steal it! It's fun seeing Taylor's (I mean Elder Schroedter's) pictures and his little branch! Our prayers are with you- esp Elder Schroedter's calling as branch president. Thanks for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and thoughts!! Happy Day!!! A sunny, sunflower smiley day!!
    Love you, The Patty's

    ReplyDelete