Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
 
Once I discovered how to adjust my recipe to the 82% fat content of the butter in Romania, I became famous for making the best chocolate chip cookies in the mission.  The first time I served them to our YSA, they weren't quite sure what to think.  Cookies in Romania are called "biscuits" and they are a little dry.  So warm, soft cookies were different. 

But they became true believers quickly.  It wasn't long before these plates were empty!

The young missionaries always appreciate whatever food they are served but these cookies reminded them of home.  We usually served warm cookies and milk in the district meeting at the end of each transfer.
  
I served my last batch of cookies in Romania at the Arad zone conference.
 
Thank you to everyone who sent brown sugar, vanilla or chocolate chips.  I couldn't have done it without you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment